Tuesday, July 6, 2010

June 2010

June was quite a month! We kept my son's 3 children while he and his wife took a cruise out of Charleston. The kids are 7,5, and 8 mos. We were worried about the pool but the kids were great. They went swimming at least twice a day and became very good at jumping off the diving board. Going from the pool to the hot tub was also fun but it was so hot we only did that once. Even the baby went in the pool and didn't even flinch when she was splashed with water.
My sewing was put on hold for their week. But before they arrived I had made Eleanor,7, a flowergirl's dress for my nephew's upcoming wedding. Everyone who saw it thought it looked too long but it fit her perfectly when she put it on. I was thrilled. I made it out of silk dupioni in white with three tucks on either side of the center front bodice. Down the center I embroidered one of Martha Pullen's IEC embroideries from her christening collection. The bottom has three tucks. I still need to hem it and put on the buttonholes. I am a little nervous about doing the buttonholes for fear of ruining the dress with the last step. I shall be brave and get it done tomorrow. I bought a watermelon bow to go around the waist from David's Wedding shop. It is the bride's color choice for the bridesmaids. Eleanor is so excited to be included in this event. This is her second time being a bridesmaid. Her first was in 2008 at Danny and Susan's wedding. She was only 3 at the time and did a great job. She is 7 now but says she will be so glad to turn 8! Oh to be young again!!

2 comments:

  1. Loved your first blog. So glad we can follow along with your news. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your first blog entry. You have sewing, Danny has his poker blog. I guess I need a hobby! The dresses and outfit you sent Ginger for her birthday are darling. I will take pictures and send them so you can post them here.

    ReplyDelete