Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Getting started

I am Daisy and I sew for my grandkids. I am the mother to 4 sons and 1 daughter who continue to bring me so much joy. But while I sewed for my daughter when she was young, I didn't really get involved in heirloom sewing until Eleanor (my 1 st grandchild) came along in 2003. Up until then I had used a 1972 Elna but in 2004 my sewing world blossomed with a Brother sewing machine that did embroidery.

***That 2004 Oct. my Mother called to say she had gone to The Sewing Expo in Chantilly, VA. She had been a caretaker for her own Mother and after she passed my Mother became a full time nurse to my Father. She never went to dinner or movies or even thought of doing for herself. So when she said she had splurged on a new sewing machine for herself, I was ecstatic. Her guilt at having spent so much money was too much to bear so the next day she called me and announced she felt better about her purchase because today she had bought me a Brother sewing machine as well. Now it was something we could share. (That Christmas she also bought one for my daughter.)***

And so the journey began...

No comments:

Post a Comment