Monday, July 19, 2010

July 19

Here we are this Monday morning. I have decided to cut back on our energy bill by turning down the airconditioning today in most of our rooms. I am sure the guys will complain when they come home but maybe our electric bill will come down. Of course since I am at that "special" age with hot flashes every other minute I will probably be the one to suffer...go figure!
We are headed to Maine next Wed. so time is fleeting. I am supposed to be getting new windows anyday now and next week...a new kitchen. Lots going on but right now we are just in that waiting game. We will probably go to Maine and come home to a new kitchen...sounds nice.
I am trying to decide which things I am taking with me to sew up and complete. I am getting psyched to start quilting. I went to a quilt guild meeting and now have been bitten by the quilt bug.
Today I will finish Wm's jammies and a shirt for Eleanor. I have a dress I have to make for Ginger and a dress for Clara for the wedding. Lots to do and "sew" little time. I will report in at the end of the day to tell you if I accomplished what I set out to do today. Love to all, Daisy

2 comments:

  1. where do you go in maIne sallie? dan and i are thinking about going....is sept. too late in the season??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti- We go to Thomas Pond off of Lake Sebago...about 30 minutes west of Portland. My family went for the first time in 1965. Bill and I honeymooned there in 1971. Mom and Dad bought the cabin for family vacations in 1972. This is where we vacation every year. We spend all year dreaming of our 2 weeks up north. You would love it!

    ReplyDelete