Wednesday, July 21, 2010

New Windows

Today we got 16 new windows in our house. They were much needed and look great! But this meant that we had to pull everything from around our windows...hence my sewing room was completely rearranged, even the garage was cleaned out, as well as the kitchen. I guess this is our way of spring cleaning.

The minute the guys were done with the windows I quickly put my sewing room back in place. Tomorrow I am taking a class and I need to cut out my pattern tonight. I love it when a pattern comes with individual sizes and I don't have to trace and cut out the pattern before I cut the material.

I did go out and mow the lawn with my refurbished lawn mower. I love to mow. I now feel like I have accomplished something while sweating off some pounds. Don't all fitness conscious people want to be outside smelling the fresh smell of new cut grass!

Amelia (6), my dear friend Jane's granddaughter, came to visit me yesterday and we swam for about two hours. We had a great time! Well today my back is a bit tender from a sunburn...that tingly feel, almost a fresh sensation.  ( I met Jane back in 1974 when my oldest was 6 mos. old and her oldest was 18 mos. We remained friends through the years and now we both live in Charleston. We only wish we saw more of each other but lunch once a month is always a treat with phone calls thrown in.)

One week from today we head to Maine...I can hardly wait. I just wish all my kids could be there. Maybe next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment