Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 7, 2010

Today was a sewing day. I decided to finish an heirloom quilt I started a year ago. I thought I had made 8 of 12 blocks but I had only made six. So today I did two more blocks. Both of these used lace shaping which is always fun. First there was a diamond shape and then a heart shape. Behind the shapes you add an extra piece of material with tucks on one and  double needle pintucks on the other. I am now down to four squares. I am on a roll. I need to put an initial in the middle of the quilt...I guess it will be an "N" for Nold. Or perhaps I should put a design that is not committal. This a solid white quilt with cream accents. It is my first quilt ever.

It was also a Costco day. They have the best meats and fruits. We came home with berries of all sorts and lots of things for some interesting meals. Yes, I do cook! And Eleanor is making me cook healthy. Tonight we had chicken and broccoli. Yum!!

Bill (my husband), Jimmy (my youngest), and I are watching our favorite movie..."What about Bob!".

Goodnight all!!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh - That movie was filmed on Smith Mountain Lake right across from where we had a condo when I was a teenager. The "house" is there and many of the local shots were filmed in my father's hometown of Moneta, Va. It is fun for me to watch.

    ReplyDelete