Friday, February 11, 2011

Quilt Guild

If you ever wanted to have a good time, find a Quilt Guild in your area. This is the friendliest group of men and women (yes there are a number of men). I attended my first meeting last July and realized I needed to start quilting so I could join in with this group. I took my Bug Quilt last night for Show and Tell. I was very proud of my first quilt.
We had a guest speaker, Flavin Glover. If she ever comes to your town be sure to take her classes and go to her seminars. She loves what she does and is a vivacious speaker. She had an amazing number of quilts with her and she told us about each one. She uses log cabin quilts and creates scenes and wonderful geometric designs. Check out her website, www.flavinglover.com.
I will write more tonight but today I have to head out to a trunk show/seminar with Barbara Moore. Tomorrow is a hands-on class. She is an heirloom sewer. We will be making a beautiful linen dress with optional embroidery. So often the sizes are for little girls so when I saw they had a size 10, I opted for a dress for Eleanor. It will be perfect for Easter. Off I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment