Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A New Year 2011!






(Pictures above include Eleanor dancing with Uncle Bob, Eleanor with Daisy and Pops wearing the flowergirl dress designed by Daisy, the summer top for daughter Sallie, Baby Danny's quilt followed by a close up of the block with his info, and beautiful Clara in her christening gown.) 

Sorry I took a break from my blog. I am back in full force. I did a lot of sewing this last fall getting ready for Christmas. I took a great Gail Doane class on fine embroidery. I was surprised how much I liked the hand sewing. it is very peaceful to sit and sew. I finished the original out fit for Ginger. Hopefully she will wear it for Easter. I am now working on one with Pink details for Clara. The jacket is almost finished. So Cute!! A picture of that will follow shortly.

I have started quilting in earnest. I took an online quilt course with Jenny Doane and had to try out some of her ideas. Hence I finished my first single bed-sized quilt for Ginger. It is a crazy nine patch. Very easy to make except I substituted embroidered blocks here and there with bugs...hence the name...the Bug Quilt. I still have to make a label before I take it to Quilt Guild this Thursday for show and tell. I have signed up for an Eleanor Burns class in Columbia, SC in the Fall...how exciting!

My big news is that at the end of March I will be headed to Alabama for the "Sewing for Baby" Licensing with Martha Pullen. I have always wanted to go to one of her schools. I hear they are a blast. I will tell you how it goes.

More pictures will be coming as I have been very busy sewing.
Just wanted to get back on track in the new year. Follow along as I continue with family stories and sewing tales. Till tomorrow...Daisy Sews

No comments:

Post a Comment