Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sewing in Maine

Hi Everyone from Thomas Pond in Maine- This is our yearly excursion to regain our perspective on everyday events. It takes a week to relax and a week to enjoy. We are staying 3 weeks...a real treat. As I headed out the door I knew I wanted to make my granddaughter a new dress for the start of school. I knew we had a sewing machine here but being unsure of what other things I had I decided to buy a Sew Beautiful kit of the month. I am sew glad I did. I worked all week to finish the dress and it turned out lovely. Not having all the luxuries of home (I have a well supplied sewing room at home) I had to improvise quite a lot. I did not have a piping foot so substituted a zipper foot. with no double needles I had to sew two straight rows very carefully. But I am very proud of having a lovely finished dress. Be sure to notice the Fifi and Fido embroidery. I highly recommend the kits from Sew Beautiful. More later...have to get ready for the grandkids arriving tonight. Happy sewing...Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment